Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Whats been going on around our house..



Well with the year winding down and the semester almost over for me I thought it was a good time for a real update on whats really been going on in our house. The slide show consists of a few of the pictures of what we have been up to. I have officially become a sophomore up at the U of U and will be officially applying to the education program this Spring. I have been substituting at Summit Academy charter school and I have been volunteering in Preston's class this year. It is giving me a real taste of what fifth and sixth graders will be like. This past semseter has been the most challenging with chemistry and math class. I couldn't have done it without Dan, I am most grateful for his knowledge and experience in these subjects. I have learend much about this diverse world and the divers classes I will encounter when I become a teacher from my wonderful Professor Donna Dehyle. I am excited to take another class from her next semseter. Well one more week of classes and then its finals week. Then I can relax until January 12th. My yoga certification got put off unitl April. I think of this as a blessing in disguise because I don't know how I was going to do 14 credit hours next semsester on top of three day of training. I am really excited to take the course though. I will be learning from many yoga experts and will learn many types of yoga.

Chloe has been our typical two year old. She won't eat, only wants to sleep in our bed or the couch and thinks she is a cat 75% of the time. Last night she wanted to be fed under the table like the cats. Well we don't feed the cats from the table but at least she ate dinner. She is much happier when she eats something. She thinks she is still a new born and is waking up two and three times a night to this day. Dan and I don't know what a full nights sleep is anymore. And we are in shock when she does sleep all night. She went back to diapers after being potty trained for a month. She wants nothing to do with the potty. I got her the potty doll for Chirstmas and I hope it will motivate her to do it. She loves going to day care on the U of U campus. I am really grateful that I am home with her three days a week. We have fun learning letters, shapes and colors. She can tell me all the letters of her name. She continues to amaze us every day with her 2year old little mind and temperment.

Hannah is becoming quite the gymnast. She has moved up to leval 5 and is just about ready to compete. The question is am I? I told her maybe we should wait until she is 13. That way we can afford the costumes and travel expenses. And she would have perfected her style all her own. She enterd the reflections contest with a beautiful picture of our hike in the fall up Mill creek canyon. She didn't win but she was still happy with her dog tag award with her name on it. She is still the top of her class. But this is the first year she got a NI in behavior. It jsut goes to show you that a good (or bad) teacher can make or break your student.

Preston...ahaha Preston. I love him what can I say. He keeps my life interseting and give me an excuse to drink on the weekends. He is continuing in his journey of the ADHD life he lives. He seems to be getting better one day and then the next the principle is calling me again. I swear he has me on spead dial. WHy I shouldn't be surprised when he has already been sited for something and got 20 hours of community service. I am glad he is finally bringing home is homework. I think he likes the mom and me time in the basement when we go over it every night. Thank goodness I went back to college and am taking lots of math classes or he would have no hope. He was so excited to help his little sister put up the tree the other day. Does he ever love his sisters? I am so glad he it the oldest and will always protect them. He can't wait for us to have another one.

Dan...the glue of our family...what would we do without his patience and understanding of all the new challenges of this new life he took on with me. He finally finished his six sigma at work. He was working on it for over a year. And towards the end of it he was at work till midnight sometimes. I am so grateful to have met him. He is the best thing that happened to me. And I am so glad he has sooo much pateince. Dan and I finally set a date for next year. July 2 2009. However we have decided to elope. We were going to have a small wedding here in Utah with close friends and family. But the more we thought about it the more we want it to be just about us. We will have a party when we get back though. We have also decided to put off the baby making for one more year after we get married. We have so much on our plate right now. I want to be able to enjoy my last pregnany without any other worries.

Well there it is...don't be surprised if you get this exact letter along with your Christmas card.

3 comments:

kener4 said...

Good for you Monica, for making that special day about the 2 of you! I have NEVER regretted going to Hawaii alone! I think it is crazy for people to spend thousands of dollars to impress others!
Good luck to you both and let me know if I can help with e celbration party when you return. By the way-when is this happening?

kener4 said...

"With the celebration" is what I meant to write! Time to clean the computer keys! ;)

Corbie said...

Reading this just made realize that I didn't finish your tagging...okay, I promise to try to remember. Anyhow, if I had it to do over again, no question, we would make it just about the two of us. Good choice.